• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

City Centre Photographs

Re: City Centre Photo Album

jennyann how do you get into that site it keep asking for my username & password ?
THE BARON

That site is wonderful, full of fabulous photos. If anyone wants to see any photos of mine (of Brum in last few years) please shout. Most are of the city centre mind.

Jennyann, how do you access the site, as Baron says ,it keeps asking for a user name and password.

Sorry, I was off making scones for breakfast. Watched an old Bertie Wooster show last night and the scones and jam looked amazing....but I digress.
You can Google Phyllis Nicklin and find the slides from there. There are many links. I am not sure why the link in my post didn't work.

Try this link, it's just an update of the first one I posted, and it does give you the 450 odd slides that the Uni released. I gather there are many more unseen. Thank you Jennyann for giving the link, such lovley photos.

https://62.105.110.193/extras/public.bhtml?library=10032

I just checked that the link worked and remembered that if you click on and image it will enlarge, above the frame it says fine detail preview, it's worth clicking on that to get superb images.

Last edited:

Thanks Chris will have to keep an eye for that when i'm next in town, still can't get over them ripping tha building down, what were they thinking!!! It was beautiful, i'd have loved to have seen it

Thanks Di. I was hoping that you would come on the forum and put
this thread to rights. I love looking at those pics and slides.

Jenny and Di great web site. That is how I remember everything when I was young. I really liked the photos of the Old Bull Ring and the thing that hit me was the ladies and the little girls in their pretty dresses.
Great thread Bob. Mo

Thankyou Di and Jenny, fabulous photographs, its sad to see how much we have lost of old Brum, I think the planners in the 60s must have been on something, either that or they all had shares in concrete companies.

That site is wonderful, full of fabulous photos. If anyone wants to see any photos of mine (of Brum in last few years) please shout. Most are of the city centre mind.

Dolphie We would love to see your photos. Can you down load them to this thread for us all to enjoy?

We welcome anyone else who have also personnel photos of brum scenes, specially city centre photos.

Try this link, it's just an update of the first one I posted, and it does give you the 450 odd slides that the Uni released. I gather there are many more unseen. Thank you Jennyann for giving the link, such lovley photos.

https://62.105.110.193/extras/public.bhtml?library=10032

I just checked that the link worked and remembered that if you click on and image it will enlarge, above the frame it says fine detail preview, it's worth clicking on that to get superb images.

Di what a great site and some great scene's, its taken me hours to see them all and what great detail you can get.
We will have to watch that pmc1947 doesn't use them for "Where is this No. ?)

Good morning Bob, well I guess it is afternoon there. Very dull here but still warm.
Is it just old photos or fairly recent ones as well that you would like posted?

Have you seen this web site, it has loads of information but not just about the inner city. https://billdargue.jimdo.com/index.php

Have a good day.Mo

You know i always go on about me wellies for footwear in mid summer, Well here is the proof look at the lad in the middle, he reminds me of someone that went to St. micks School in the Boxing team?

Attachments

• Highgate St Martins Flats (6).jpg
    Highgate St Martins Flats (6).jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

Bob

Heres an iconic one for your collection, of an area and time that is more relevant to our age group than the one preceding it or the one we have today.

Phil

CityBullRingRotunda1964.jpg

Good morning Bob, well I guess it is afternoon there. Very dull here but still warm.
Is it just old photos or fairly recent ones as well that you would like posted?

Have you seen this web site, it has loads of information but not just about the inner city. https://billdargue.jimdo.com/index.php

Have a good day.Mo

Good day to you too Sakura,we have the same weather here today.
Well that's a good question what do others think?

I welcome old or new photos as one day the new ones will also be historic and enjoyed by that generation as we enjoy our older photos that where new once upon a time!

thanks for your input, I'm going to see your link now

Love the photo on #38 reminds me of my hubby in the morning on a recent camping trip, you know how the grass is always wet. Someone thought it was really funny as they come from the Taiwan not really a Canadian thing either.

Phil when was that picture taken of the Rotunda?

Glad you like that site I found it by accident yesterday in connection to the forum.Mo

Last edited:
Back