• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

City Centre - Corporation Street

Richie, I checked that and of course you were correct so I have edited the post.

mail.jpeg
This picture is from a recent newspaper unfortunately I did not copy the details and all I know is that it said Corporation Street.

mm.jpeg1938.
Corporation Street and if we were moving we would be passing Lewis's on the right any second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys does anybody recall the ABC clothing ware house above the old hotel incorporation street they was there for decades right up until the seventys
Where you could a suit for fifty Bob my sister in law worked there before she ran off with my oldest brothers and got married in grettna green
Sadly my oldest brother died two years ago but I but some swanky Londoner suits from there
They always advertised in the mail most nights big adverts with the picture of there suits on offer then john collier the window to whatch advert took over with real brook shirts drove them down best wishes astonian

Hi Folks, when operating as a professional photographer being an experienced Brummie often came in useful to get the shot. One of my favourite covers was The Council House...here it is, for once a shot that's easy to date!
Regards,
Peg.
Council House, Birmingham.jpg

Back