• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

CINQAIN - ONE FOR SUEBEE

K

Kate

Okay - a Cinquain has to have 5 lines
First line needs 2 syllables
second line four syllables
third line six syllables
fourth line eight syllables
fifth line 2 syllables

The first and fifth line should have some connection
The second line should be verbs or action words
third line should include adjectives

So I had a go... (this is based on an actual scenario from our front balcony..) I wrote it when I was walking down the road to my writing class - grabbed out my notebook and pen and scratched it out - when the muse visits you have to grab the moment :)
----------
Possums
In the old gum
Gazing on the river
Cuddled close in a moonlit sky
Lovers
-----------

We tried to take a picture of them - but it was getting very dark. I shone a torch on them while The Laird tried to photograph them, but the bigger (male?) possum turned around and eyeballed us - it was just as if he was saying "P**s off - this is a private moment". They were so gorgeous.

Over to you Suebee...

Oh K8!

Thank You for bringing this to the forum - I will take it away as my homework and digest - watch this space - if Oisin dont beat me to it first?! ^-^

CINQUAIN - Poppy day

Listen

Observe respect

Solitary bugle

Sounds the last post. Lest we forget.

Silence

I have a hell of a head ache. Think I will stick to "Jack Sprat could eat no fat"

Back