• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Christmas Trainset

Providing the battery (rechargeable types) are charged locos usually start straight away. If they don't then the wheels are not sat on the rails correctly. ;) Many people operate track power but I find battery mode far easier.

Thanks Alan I am a lover of American railroads, spend hours on You tube watching some of the freight train films. Interestingly enough someone has just bought me Michael Portillos Great American Railroads book, which is snippets of railroad history from the beginning in the states. Very interesting.
Bob
And me i love loco videos.BOB. the one one the Australian railway is good with Bernie.the one legged driver.

The most interesting magazine, quarterly, with the occasional 'special', is Classic Trains. Lots there about the USA and its Fallen Flag railroads.

Watch those U Tube films of American Railways.It Amazes me how long they are and sometimes how slow they go.
My wife and I were once stood on New Jersey station when on a line that passed behind the opposite platforms, five diesels suddenly appeared and then the first of goodness knows how many freight wagons of different sorts and sizes, and they just went on and on. Afterwards I wished I had counted them.
Bob

My wife and I were once stood on New Jersey station when on a line that passed behind the opposite platforms, five diesels suddenly appeared and then the first of goodness knows how many freight wagons of different sorts and sizes, and they just went on and on. Afterwards I wished I had counted them.
Bob
Bob, I used to live in NJ and know what you mean...……..Recently late on a Tuesday evening we were in SC on a two lane road and approached a RR crossing with just a single small light. We were stopped for thirty minutes while the trains came though. When you are that close in the dark with know one around and just the clank clank of the wheels on rails, pretty scary. I also never counted the wagons, particularly because I had nothing else to do!

Back