• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Christmas preparations past and present

Yes in the garage Richard alongside the massive, heavy, metal storm shutters for the house. How they ever get those things in place when needed beats me. But essential of course.

I never make Christmas pudding and while shopping a couple of days ago I saw a massive pile of puddings reduced to a third of the price. So I bought 6 ! They're dated Jan 25. The chances of us having any left by that date is unlikely - its a big pudding favourite in our house, all year round if we can get them.

My Chrismas cake is going down well. Although it's slightly less moist than the previous year. Note to me - add more brandy next time !

Yes in the garage Richard alongside the massive, heavy, metal storm shutters for the house. How they ever get those things in place when needed beats me. But essential of course.

I never make Christmas pudding and while shopping a couple of days ago I saw a massive pile of puddings reduced to a third of the price. So I bought 6 ! They're dated Jan 25. The chances of us having any left by that date is unlikely - its a big pudding favourite in our house, all year round if we can get them.

My Chrismas cake is going down well. Although it's slightly less moist than the previous year. Note to me - add more brandy next time !
And those Christmas puddings contain so much natural preservatives you should be fine. We were given one last and this year. Last year we shared, not this year :) . They came with a whiskey custard, a lot of whisky.

Enjoy!

Back