• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Christmas greetings 2021

Richard Dye

master brummie
1638625856990.jpeg
Not sure where to put this............

This is our first Christmas in our new house. All of this is my wife's hand work, the quilts, trees and Santa. On the left side you can barely see is a child's Amish wagon circa 1840 (which is very old in the US).

These are LED lights on timers my first time in 52 years!

Merry Christmas & Good Health to everyone & THANK YOU for making this past year most enjoyable

Looking lovely Richard. Very festive. I’ve just returned from the US and was amazed at the enthusiasm for decorating the exterior around the house. In fact my son roped me in to do his house. (No I wasn’t the one up the ladder). Really puts you in the mood for Christmas everywhere you go. Seems to be closely linked with Thanksgiving festivities. I’m sadly way behind now with my decorations. Been forced to quarantine on returning until I have results of testing, so I’ve got no excuse !

Viv.

Looking lovely Richard. Very festive. I’ve just returned from the US and was amazed at the enthusiasm for decorating the exterior around the house. In fact my son roped me in to do his house. (No I wasn’t the one up the ladder). Really puts you in the mood for Christmas everywhere you go. Seems to be closely linked with Thanksgiving festivities. I’m sadly way behind now with my decorations. Been forced to quarantine on returning until I have results of testing, so I’ve got no excuse !

Viv.
Thank you Vivian! We are blessed to be here and have family! We had a very emotional year. We moved on August 2 and I proceeded to tear a tendon in my left foot. Wearing one of those big boots I tripped trying to move boxes and had to have my right leg surgically repaired and did not drive for three months. Doing OK now with PT twice a week. Seriously what helped me though other than my dear wife was the Forum with some book guidance from Mike G , oldMohawk, Pedro, Mort and others. Being unable to walk very far I read more about the Tangye Brothers that I ever knew :) . Also looking at model trains got a lot of info from Pete and Alan who has had is challenges. The more info I got the more trains I want to look at.

Enjoy, we only pass this way once! Thank you!

Thank you Vivian! We are blessed to be here and have family! We had a very emotional year. We moved on August 2 and I proceeded to tear a tendon in my left foot. Wearing one of those big boots I tripped trying to move boxes and had to have my right leg surgically repaired and did not drive for three months. Doing OK now with PT twice a week. Seriously what helped me though other than my dear wife was the Forum with some book guidance from Mike G , oldMohawk, Pedro, Mort and others. Being unable to walk very far I read more about the Tangye Brothers that I ever knew :) . Also looking at model trains got a lot of info from Pete and Alan who has had is challenges. The more info I got the more trains I want to look at.

SORRY Mike J.

iu

Back