• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

christmas 2013

Cod and MUSHY PEAS PLEASE! and a PINT of course. Oh how I wish I could be there. BUT we are spending Xmas with our So Paul and the grandkids in Virginia USA he will be home for almost the first time in 20+ years in the US Navy. John Crump OldburstillaBRit. Parker, Colorado USA

oldbrit...cod and mushy always will always hit the spot..living here in south Texas we don't get much chance of that meal.l can always go to a specialty shop and get a can of mushy peas put the cod is another story...its a cold water fish and we have no cold water living this far south, oh! well we can always dream..but l would trade a pint for a nice cuppa....Brenda

Look forward to seeing you too Kathy. As I said in a earlier post, it's a little get together. no raffle or anything

Seems a shame that an event which was becoming a regular part of the forum year will not be taking place this year, therefore I would like to suggest we arrange to meet up at The Bull for a Xmas drink. I regret I would be un-able to make the 21st December, and would suggest the 14th, but appreciate others may prefer the later date, time is short but it's not too late.
Anyone interested.

Colin

We should be good for the 14th Colin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Seems a shame that an event which was becoming a regular part of the forum year will not be taking place this year, therefore I would like to suggest we arrange to meet up at The Bull for a Xmas drink. I regret I would be un-able to make the 21st December, and would suggest the 14th, but appreciate others may prefer the later date, time is short but it's not too late.
Anyone interested.

Colin

Maybe you could mention this meet on your BHF facebook forum Colin

I'll be there for definite. I might even auction off a special item for the forum funds.

I think I can make it on the 14th and I even have a nice new Alton Douglas book for a raffle that I was given as a gift, problem being I already have it. So count me in if it's on.

Oh, its on Phil and thank you for your raffle present. :encouragement:

Maybe you could mention this meet on your BHF facebook forum Colin
Was going to post it after I had some feedback from forum members first

Jim, try FB group you're listed as a member, remember you had problems earlier this year

Colin

I think I can make the 14th (but not the 21st), will try to donate a painting to the raffle if you are holding one. Eric

That's a shame. We are already going elsewhere on the 14th. Hope you all enjoy yourselves

Sorry but that weekend is a "full on" pre Christmas family get together and we go away on the following weekend.
:-(

ok, peeps, there will be a meet up at THE BULL,1 PRICE ST, B4 6JU. ON SATURDAY , 14 th DECEMBER.
There will be a raffle and one of the prizes is a lovely framed picture of the Bull Ring circa 1950s by Robert k Calvert and Cookie has promised one of his fantastic paintings ( thank you Eric ) plus plenty of other prizes.
Turn up on the day from 12.30 onwards and lets have the best Christmas meet yet.
Don't forget that the venue is right on the doorstep of the Jewellery Quarter so plenty of time for shopping.
See you all there, bring a friend, everyone is very welcome.
Thank you, Postie.

Last edited:
well folks for the first time in 6 years i cant be at this xmas meet..family commitments this year..i am quite sure that you will all have a great time at the bull (we always do) i will be donating andrews maxams TIME PLEASE A LOOK BACK AT BIRMINGHAM PUBS as a raffle prize which i will make sure is there on the day...enjoy the afternoon everyone:encouragement: and for once it will be me looking out for all the photos taken lol..

lyn

thank you jim and you too..dont worry i shall be keeping an eye on you all...ps dont forget yer raffle tickets..:encouragement:

We should be able to make it for a while I hope, as we have to have our grandson later as his Mom and Dad are going out. Look forward to seeing all who can make it.

Will try to make it, it's moms birthday so not sure if my brother has arranged anything, but if not hope to be there
Sue

Back