• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Chip Shop, Opposite the Holte End Witton Lane

curry and chips

proper brummie kid
Anyone remeber a chip shop which was opposite the Holte end villa park, if you watch any old villa footage from the eary 70s (3rd divison)
you can see the roof of it, the ground wasnt so enclosed.

Any photos anyone ??

Yes , I lived in Hillside Road in the 70's (by Brookvale Park) and was a regular visitor to the Villa, I remember the 'chippies' but cannot ever remember going in, used to have a pie at half time instead in the Villa ground. I left Hillside Road in the early 80s and my interest in football waned after that. To me football is no longer a sport - just a buisness, money first, players 2nd and fans last Eric

Yes it was called Cissies I think or that was the name of the lady that owned it, I lived just down the rd in Holte rd and dad always bought us chips back on the way back from the Astn Social club when it was on the corner. I have a pic somewhere I will try and find it.

Back