• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Chinn Name

mooky

knowlegable brummie
I am doing my Family Tree and a cousin Michael 5th to 8th has just turned up, with only 6 other names. Do you by any chance have a tree Carl. It would be good if I found we were relatives. As you and my dad both have and Had(in dads case) a love of Birmingham History. Vivian Bird. Sorry for being nosey. Best wishes Molly Langridge.

Hi Mooky,
As the holder of the records of the Midland Cycling & Athletic Club, I have got details of a Fred & Harry Chinn who were cycle racing around the late eighteen hundreds & both were champions.
I have in the past sent details of the brothers to a Paul Jones, if this name comes up in your research.
Good luck, John Bishop.

Hi Mooky, My grandmother on my fathers side was a Chinn, her father and his brother were Harry and Fred Chinn the cyclists. Let me know if youre still researching and i can share more.

Welcome Paul. Hopefully John and Molly see your post. And thank you for offering to share your history. Viv.

Welcome Paul. Hopefully John and Molly see your post. And thank you for offering to share your history. Viv.
Sorr, I have been so busy for ages in my clerical status. I have William James Chinn 1887-1973 husband of my 3rd cousin 1xrem who was Ann Davies, and their child Annie Betty Chinn 22 12 1921 + 2001 Redditch. My 4th Cousin. Both has hints I have to look at, and more research. They are on my Drew Family Tree, Ancestry.

Back