• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

chindits

M

maureen

Hi,

Looking for suggestions as how to find out which regiment my Mum's cousin Billy Willets served in. I do know that he served in Burma in the Chindits. He was born in 1918. Lived Park Lane, Aston and moved to Devon after the war. He may have been named William, but was only ever known as Billy.

Grateful for any help. Merry Christmas and Peaceful New Year.
Regards Maureen.

Hi Maureen my cousin was in the Chindits in Burma sorry to say the family lost him.

This site is very useful I used it a few years back

Merry Christmas to you :)and your family

https://www.chindits.info/

Hi Alf,

Managed to track Billy down much to my Mum's delight, and they spoke over the phone for a while. He told me that he was in the 13th Kings Regiment in Burma and transferred to the Para's in India. Considering he must be in his 90th year he sounded bright and well.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Happy New Year,
Regards Maureen

Great link Alf my uncle my moms brother was a R S M and was sent to Burma to train the soldiers out their:)Mau-reece

Back