• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Chiles

Ray Griffiths

master brummie
Please can anybody help me.

In 1891censor a relation was a Private Major ( not rank 1st name) Albert Chiles was in the Army at Godstone nr. Caterham Surrey can anybody advise how I can find more information out about this distant relative.

His Service, branch of the Army, and any overseas deployment as 1901 doesn't show any censor details.

Many thanks Ray

?

Name:Major Albert Chiles
Estimated birth year:abt 1871
Age at Enlistment:46
Residence:166 Arden Rd, Saleby B'hm
Document Year:1917
Regimental Number:325797

Pension Record

Name:Major Albert Chiles
Estimated birth year:abt 1872
Age at Enlistment:19
Birth Parish:Birmingham
Birth County:Warwickshire
Document Year:1891
Regimental Number:2387

Re: Pension Record

Many thanks Jane.

What we have found out that when enlisted it was at Gobstone nr Caterham in Surrey, Regiment unknown, born 1870.

We have details of marriage to Elizabeth Mayhew in Coddenham Suffolk 1894 possibly while in the army.

But he returned to Aston, Duddeston and had a family of 4 children with a Ellen Jones no sign of divorce or marriage in the early 1900's.

Ray

Re: Pension Record

My Mother's sister (nee' Hartley) married an Alfred Chiles during the 1930's at Aston Parish. They lived in Brantley Road, Witton until Alfred's death around the late 70's.
Maybe a new avenue ?

Back