• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Children on the Move - in search of Staffordshire evacuation memories....

C

Children on the Move

Dear BHF users,

A little call for help from rural Staffordshire...

The reason I’m posting here is that we at Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent Archives (in partnership with Staffordshire Arts & Museums Service) are currently in the early stages of an oral history project to create a lasting record of evacuation in Staffordshire during World War Two.

We’re looking to collect recollections as well as archive material and objects from people with relevant memories of the time, and are keen to reflect the full spectrum of evacuation throughout the war - the formal and informal schemes, the perspectives of both evacuees and host communities, and the views from both town and country.

We’ll also be producing a publication and travelling exhibition next year, based in all on about 90 oral history interviews being carried out as part of the project.

So, a plea for help - if you were evacuated to Staffordshire, or you know of somebody who was, please do get in touch with myself or Natalie Taylor, using the details below, to share your experiences, and help us to create a lasting archive of evacuation in Staffordshire.

More info can be found here:

https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/leisure/archives/events/cotm.htm

I've also attached printable poster and a form to submit written contributions if appropriate.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

Tom Pine Coffin
Project Officer - Children on the Move
Communities Directorate & Chief Executive's Office
Shugborough
Milford
Stafford

ST17 0XB

Tel: (01889) 881388

[email protected]

Back