• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Childhood friends

Davenport

master brummie
I wonder how many of you are still in contact with childhood friends?
The first picture taken c.1961 / 2 . I’m on the back left with my Sister in front of me.
The second picture taken in 2019 .

Attachments

• EE87736E-20D8-48D1-A721-B56B32FC38D4.jpeg
    EE87736E-20D8-48D1-A721-B56B32FC38D4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 211FA4B8-346F-49F0-9C3D-00AEDB4473D7.jpeg
    211FA4B8-346F-49F0-9C3D-00AEDB4473D7.jpeg
    697 KB · Views: 15
I've one friend from pre teen school years and we are in very regular contact, a couple of friends from senior school days but thats about it; the bulk of my long term friends were formed after school for me.

That said, social media has put me back in touch with a lot of 'mates' these last few years, we've had a catch up and now share an occasional message/post on the likes of Facebook. Had a brief chat with someone here I'd known when we under 11, Pete Dawkins of Dawkins Cafe fame...best sausage sarnie in brum back then.

Back