• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Chelmsley Wood Pubs

C

carlb1964

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone on here have any photos of the now closed or demolished pubs on the wood, like The Roundhouse, The Happy Trooper, The Yeoman, The Hiker, The Friendly Inn, The Trusty Servant, The Southern Cross or any I have missed off ?:violin:I drank in all of these at some stage to various degrees, but haven't got any photos except a few recent of the Trusty(boarded up) and Friendly(now a old peoples home). Cheers Carlb36

i wouldn't mind seeing a picture of The Yeoman myself, had many a good night in there. No one thinks to take a photo at the time do they.

Yes she does run the greenwood, but I haven't seen any posts by her for a while perhaps she is on holiday. Alf she won't spot the Yeoman it was knocked down years ago and replaced by houses, I past there this morning taking my grandson to the doctors, but I cannot understand why there are no photos to be found. Perhaps there might be come in the library.

Great pub pictures, whats the name of the pub in the 2nd picture.. it looks so familiar but i cant name it, im only 27 so it prob got knocked down when i was a nipper lol

arghhh thanks i knew that!! lol For the next post, love the pics of the old banbury club, LONG LIVE THE BANBURY.. had many a good night in there, and the new ones not too bad either.. hasnt got the atmos of the old one.. but its all good lol

Have any of you guys got any pictures or info at all on "The Woodsman" pub that used to be off winward way smiths wood??? my father inlaw was a very much regular there you know holding up the bar like lol,i think one of the landlords over the years was name bill, thepub changed hands few times before the pub got demolished as it went in decline with druggys etc,would very much appreiciate any info at all cheers!!!

Surely there cannot be that many pubs left in dear old chelmsley wood
i know the white horse is still going just about so i surpose they are picking up where the others left off
best wishes astonion

Surely there cannot be that many pubs left in dear old chelmsley wood
i know the white horse is still going just about so i surpose they are picking up where the others left off
best wishes astonion

I cant say i ever knew a White Horse in Chelmsley astonian, are you thinking about The White HART on Gresel Lane. Max

The only ones I can think of that are actually left on Chelmsley Wood are The Centurion, The Prince Hal, The Greenwood and The Bluebell (the old aquarius)

Terry

Hi max
very sorry i stand corrected you are correct it is the white hart i should have said its by the island
i think its just down the rd from the old cole farm pub years ago
thats how long i was over that way
thanks max for putting me right
have your self a nice day best wishes astonion

You too mate, actually the White Hart is very popular, in the summer there was always people outside supping. Max

The only ones I can think of that are actually left on Chelmsley Wood are The Centurion, The Prince Hal, The Greenwood and The Bluebell (the old aquarius)

Terry
The Centurian was my Local when i lived on Forth drive back in the early 70s. The best kept secret on the Wood was the Post Office club !!! we used to get in there for late night boozing when the pubs had turned out. Max

Back