• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Charles Bailey Ww1 records

Vickymariefaulkner

Brummie babby
Hi all,
I wonder if you can help me? I am looking for the WW1 records of Charles (Albert?) Bailey born around 1876 and married to Alice Bailey living in Hockley. I believe he may have died around 1915/1916 as his wife remarried in 1916 and was described as a widow so I'm assuming it was in the war that he died but I have never found a war record for him or a death record. Any help or advice or appreciated.

Can't be certain that the death is definitely his but it does fit. To be certain you would need to look at the death certificate.

The birth registration (Mar 1880) though is almost cetainly his, mmn is listed as Hanman (same as Nellie's) and they are listed as children of James and Caroline on a couple of censuses. James Bailey married Caroline/Catherine Hanman in 1867. Charles' father is listed as James on his marriage.

Back