• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Chamberlain family

leslam

Brummie by marriage
They have open days a couple of times a year and wedding fayres etc. It is magnificent inside; my daughter's wedding reception was there in 2004. At that time there was a monthly 'fine dining' evening as well - not sure if those still happen.
Somewhere I have photos that I took inside on an open day; I'll try to find them.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
They have open days a couple of times a year and wedding fayres etc. It is magnificent inside; my daughter's wedding reception was there in 2004. At that time there was a monthly 'fine dining' evening as well - not sure if those still happen.
Somewhere I have photos that I took inside on an open day; I'll try to find them.
what a splendid place to hold a reception les....look forward to the photos when you find them..

lyn

sidwho

master brummie
yes this is a very fine house, with good viues from the back garden both down stairs and up. the landing around the main dining room and the staires are out of this world. one could say that brum dose and still has all the 1001 and more trades to do this house justice. in brum the trades are still here and we should be very very proube of what we can do, world class. remember , we knock ourselves to much but only in fun. the skill base in brum is one of the best in the world still. i f you want somethid done you will find in brum some one to do it proplery. kind reguardsv sidwho

farmerdave

master brummie
Joseph Chamberlain's 70th birthday postcard. Re: Chamberlain family

I could not find this postcard on the Forum. It relates to the 70th birthday of Joseph Chamberlain on 8th July 1906. The day was commemorated by a procession through the city watched by thousands. There was also a programme of official lunches, public addresses and parades. Entertainment and firework displays were held in many parks. Stitcher's posts (#74 and 75) show visits by the Chamberlains to a park. The Chamberlain motto at the top of the postcard "I hold fast", essentially means "I will not give up". Joseph Chamberlain suffered a stroke not long after his 70th birthday and died in 1914.

P1010866 (2).jpg

ellbrown

ell brown on Flickr
Chamberlain House on Yew Tree Road near Queensbridge Road, Moseley is now the Uffculme School (Secondary Site).

Metal fences all around so a bit difficult to get photos.

New modern entrance

ellbrown

ell brown on Flickr
Some photos from my Birmingham Heritage Week visit last Sunday on the Open Day.

Portrait of Neville Chamberlain

Portrait of Joseph Chamberlain

Some of the bedrooms

Room on the ground floor.

ellbrown

ell brown on Flickr
The old red brick wall in Highbury Park looks fully restored.

You can see here that the bricks near the gate entrance have been rebuilt since damage from 9 years ago.

The same wall during the snow of December 2009