• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Chamberlain And Hooklam Constitution Hill

sistersue61

master brummie
Does anyone know the name of the factory that was in the Taylor and Challen building on Constitution Hill in 1984 1987?My partner worked there and can't remember the company name- I have a bet that someone on here will know it,so has any one any idea please!
Sue

chamberlin and hooklam ; of constitution hill along side taylor and challen building i beleive ;
have a good day best wishes astonian

Astonian

I think you are right about Taylor and Challen, before our class was due to leave school we were taken around the site, to see if we would be interested in working in Engineering. I also remember the company Fattorini was also based in that working area, if my memory services me right they use to stamp out the F.A. cup medals on the Birmingham site.

HI CAPTAIN;
You are correct fattorini was about a mile away up the rd i think it was vittora rd hockley my oldest sister worked there in the packing department
in the fiftys they done medals , and badges have a nice day best wishes astonian;

Back