• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cerebral Palsy Midlands

CPMids

Brummie babby
Hello everyone!

Thanks for having me on the Forum. I am undertaking a year long heritage project into the history of Cerebral Palsy Midlands, Harborne. And need all the help I can get!
I'm new to the area so not only need help on finding out more on the history of the charity but also the best places to carry out this research; libraries, archives, local press etc.

The charity was originally conceived in 1947 by Paul Cadbury and Steven Quayle and called the Midland Spastic Association (MSA). This produced a school in Harborne, set up in conjunction with Dr Earl Carlson. In 1996 the charity became Midland People with Cerebral Palsy and in 2004 it changed to Cerebral Palsy Midlands.

This is obviously a potted history of the charity, and there were many more individuals involved, but any information, or relevant contacts, you could advise me on would be much appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I hope to hear from you soon!

Lottie. x

CPMids

Brummie babby
Another addition,

In the 1990s there was a Cookery Tutor, a Speech & Language Therapist and a Training & Assessments Officer for the charity. I'm assuming these were probably local people so if anyone knows of these individuals we'd love to hear from them!

Lottie. x