• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cecil Road electoral roll

jane k

master brummie
Does anyone have access for the electoral roll for 99 Cecil Road between 1931 and 1939? My widowed grandmother Jane Hayden lived there with my mum and aunt, and I`m trying to find out if there were anymore adults living there

It was just Jane Hayden ;isted in 1930,1935 and 1939. Of course this only lists people able to vote, not under 21s

thankyou Mike. Sometime between 1939 and 1947 she lived at 16 Southwold Avenue, Kings Norton. Is it possible to find out when she was there?

thanks Janice, I didn`t know that. Shortly after the War the house was passed on to my parents so you might find them - Joan and Edward Howell

There were no elections during either war. The government worked as a team - if I can put it like that. There was no need for an eroll especially as so many were overseas fighting.

Not every year is on Ancestry but 1950 has your grandmother with Dorothy and, I assume, her husband. Address is 128 Green acres Road.
1639221782607.png
By 1950 your parents were no longer at Cecil Road.

Last edited:
thanks very much Janice. Yes you are right Dorothy did marry Reg Rose and my grandmother lived with them after my mum Joan left home to get married.

Back