• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cat burglar

I had a cat who, at 7am, would reach up an knock the letterbox flap in the front door. If not opened after 5 mins, he'd walk around the dividing wall to next door and knock their letterbox flap, and immediately return to my door.
For many mornings my nextdoor neighbour would go to the door and....no-one was there. He was convinced that it was Kids playing him up. He couldn't see the cat as a wall seperated the doors.
One morning he positioned himself leaning out of the landing window, behind a curtain, to catch the culprit. When he saw what was happening, he nearly fell out laughing !

I had a cat who, at 7am, would reach up an knock the letterbox flap in the front door. If not opened after 5 mins, he'd walk around the dividing wall to next door and knock their letterbox flap, and immediately return to my door.
For many mornings my nextdoor neighbour would go to the door and....no-one was there. He was convinced that it was Kids playing him up. He couldn't see the cat as a wall seperated the doors.
One morning he positioned himself leaning out of the landing window, behind a curtain, to catch the culprit. When he saw what was happening, he nearly fell out laughing !

oh lol pete im in stitches here

lyn

Same Neighbour, (Mick Willis - former Bargee in B'ham), same time, we had a 6 month old Ginger Tom Kitten ... every morning about 8am, he'd return across the fields with something. Mick would watch from the bedroom window to see what it was. Crow, Pigeon, Squirrel, Mole, Dog Bone, Sunday's Chicken carcass, Mouse, old Bicycle tyre, anything he thought that would make me a good present. He'd drag it into the hall and sit at the foot of the stairs making a particular 'look what I've got' meow. How he got some things through the cat flap astounded my family.
Prudence, our other cat, (famous, was in the B'ham Mail !), used to bring in live rabbits. Never harmed, just picked them up, bought them in and let them run around in the house. This lead to me and a pillow case hovering over a lettuce leaf at 1am waiting to catch a rabbit who was hiding under the fire/settee/dresser, etc., on many occasions.

Had a cat years ago who had the run of the utility room at night. Every now and again we found him outside of a morning - then followed a "You did call him in last night didn't you"? in an accusatory manner. We then discovered he would jump from top of boiler to the handle of the toilet door opening it. Then climb to the window via the toilet cistern and open the window. If he was in luck the window would stick open when the stay lodged on the window side - on these occasions he could get back in with us none the wiser.

Lyn.

Just why have you got a bicycle lock linking the pergola(?) to the ornamental wall?

I once had a cat. Can't remember exactly why it was in my care. Just a kitten but, every morning, about 0730, I would feel this 'presence' above my head and, claws would gently pull back one eyelid. And there would be this feline face staring down at me.

"Wake up time. It's time to play."

Our current two are a nightmare. They hate people. They hate each other. Whilst now, after something like eight years, they have calmed down. One was so quick that she used to catch bats and bring them in. Sometimes alive. The other one, thick as...... will catch a mouse, bring it in live, and then lose interest. More than once I've shoo'd a live mouse out the front door from the hallway.

ken the lads have motorbikes and the chain goes round the back wheel and then through the wall lol..

no froth i wish she would learn to close the door after ha ha

Back