• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

castle cinema

I had a Saturday job in the late 50s working for scibbins bakery I must of been 14 years old still at school we always stopped at the Kwicksnax cafe seem to be a popular place
for milk and bread delivery vans co-op, Harveys, and scibbins

I see most of the pictures have gone. I think these are the only ones I have. The first one is where it is being demolished, early 60's.

Attachments

• Castle cinema demolition.jpg
    Castle cinema demolition.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 51
  • castle cinema.jpg
    castle cinema.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 54
  • castle-cin.jpg
    castle-cin.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 57
#23, is the first one of the pictures the "Castle", Weoley Castle, Birmingham 29,?, I thought this thread was dedicated to that Cinema, called by many the "WOB", Barns hill or Shenley Lane .Paul

#23, is the first one of the pictures the "Castle", Weoley Castle, Birmingham 29,?, I thought this thread was dedicated to that Cinema, called by many the "WOB", Barns hill or Shenley Lane .Paul

No, all the pictures are of the Castle cinema, Castle Bromwich. Post #1 starts off by asking for pictures of the castle bromwich one, also see post #20.

thats right i used to go into the same cafe when i was a baker for the co-op now the cafe is called janes cafe and i still use it and you will not get a better sandwich anywere else in birmingham
sifta
Wasn’t it a Wimpy bar at one time? I seem to remember having a burger there once. That was before McDonalds appeared over here.

Back