• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Castle Bromwich School Bentley Road

mike jenks

master brummie
Hi

Also known as Bentley Road I started there in 1948.
Left after a couple of Years. Came back for another
year around 1953 to 1954.
I started in Miss Whittakers class then Miss Evans.
I finnished in Miss Wilson Class .
Found an old photo of 1953/54 Class.

Mike Jenks

Mike, I have just picked up your details about Bentley Road School, You mentioned a Miss Evens did she have a very bad limp? I also went to BRS but only for a few months and was then transfered to Park Hall on the Water Orton Rd. In have been try to locate anyone that went to PHS at the start of 1951 when this school was opened fro the first time A Miss Evans was headmistress on the girls side of the new school This time last year she was still alive in a nursing home.

Regards Danny

Castle Bromwich Infants 1948

Hi

Just dug out my Old school picture of Castle Bromwich Infants.
It was also known as Bentley Road. Im top left with some strange
pullover

Mike Jenks

Attachments

• scan0049.jpg
    scan0049.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 125
Castle Bromwich Infants & Junior School, Hurst Lane, also called Bentley Road School? I attended there 1952 - 1958. In my school photo picture I think “Sir” was Mr.Clarke. I’m (Brenda Price) in the polka dot dress front row seated. In my class Penny & Peter Kirby ( they lived at The Vanity Box Hair dressers at Hurst Lane shops. Also one of the girls was from the Hall family of Halls Garden Centre. David Clements from the pig farm at Cooks Lane Island. Jacquline Smith (I think was her name) her dad ran the green grocer and wet fish shop Hurst Lane. Another pupil - sorry don’t recall her name - but her dad ran a bakers shop, Joyner’s, at Hurst Lane, just up from the post office and one year I recall he made a huge loaf in the shape of a sheaf of corn. This was brought into school for harvest festival celebration and everyone had a little chunk of it. It tasted wonderful!3F9489A2-D04E-4F2B-8870-5EBD4D2B2A89.jpeg16F690B9-3BA0-433B-A233-C45E6AEBAF99.png

Last edited:
Hi

Also known as Bentley Road I started there in 1948.
Left after a couple of Years. Came back for another
year around 1953 to 1954.
I started in Miss Whittakers class then Miss Evans.
I finnished in Miss Wilson Class .
Found an old photo of 1953/54 Class.

Mike Jenks
Hi, I went to bentley road from 1960 to 65 (I think)
Miss Wilson was still there taught my 3rd year
1st year was Mr Trevor Thomson - drove a little sports car - all girls in love with him
Final year teacher was mr George Evans. Also remember Mr Pidgeon who taught my brother.
Great school, loved every minute which is a lot more than I can say for sutton coldfield girls' grammar where I want next. Every day a tortuous nightmare.
I will look for a photo to post

Castle Bromwich Infants 1948

Hi

Just dug out my Old school picture of Castle Bromwich Infants.
It was also known as Bentley Road. Im top left with some strange
pullover

Mike Jenks
Hi Mike
I am on that picture Margaret Beard then 7th from the left on front row next to me was Marilyn Isaacs and Margaret Patton was 1st on front row. My mother was a teacher Mrs Beard but died on March 22nd 1960 aged 50 Jack Cooper was Head Master then
i am now Margaret Pearson would love to catch up xx

Back