• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Castle Bromwich Hall

i remember it had deer on the land. when it closed.for years.we would mooch in the grounds,....at the back of the hall was a very spooky haunted graveyard,and house A hill called pimple,where withcraft happend....
back to the hall. the caretaker was a nice bloke he showed us around the inside, it smelled of old,fusty items.like aston hall.as we grew up we lost intrest in the place.
then bovis homes took over the place.

The only time I have visited Castle Bromwich Hall must have been in early 1960's. At that time it was a residential centre for GEC apprentices. Various apprentice associations from around the city got together to discuss arranging a pop concert in Birmingham town hall.

Back