• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Castle Bromwich clubs

Ian Dalziel

proper brummie kid
Hi Ian - yes that was me. I looked up some dates re Jasper Carrott, and think that club must have been The Chesterfield when he appeared there.
It was very pleasant to receive your reply.
Lovely to hear from you again after more than 60 years. Attended the funerals of Mr and Mrs Price and their son Keith. Have Sheila and Brenda's email addresses if you want to get in touch, but it has been some time since I last spoke to them. If you need any more info, send me a PM though this site, (if it's possible). Hope you have had a good a life as I've had - best of luck for the future. Ian

Y Von

I will continue to try to send a PM, but not much success so far. However those 60 years you mentioned have been eventful, wonderful and moved too fast. . As I am on the same link as previously, it seems OK to mention that Jasper Carrott's show, last night, was amazing. He, and Bev Bevan (and band), were as energetic as ever, and had the audience on their feet. Do you still play guitar? I hope I can send a PM and answer your post. I was delighted to hear how much you have enjoyed your life. Yvonne

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
I will continue to try to send a PM, but not much success so far. However those 60 years you mentioned have been eventful, wonderful and moved too fast. . As I am on the same link as previously, it seems OK to mention that Jasper Carrott's show, last night, was amazing. He, and Bev Bevan (and band), were as energetic as ever, and had the audience on their feet. Do you still play guitar? I hope I can send a PM and answer your post. I was delighted to hear how much you have enjoyed your life. Yvonne
hi try checking your settings as you may not have ticked to send and receive private conversations...hope this works

lyn

Y Von

Hi Lyn
Thank you. I ll try that later. I only stumbled on this site. It s facinating is nt it? I started scrolling down all the factories and offices, 37 pages... I knew of loads of them, one way or another, where relatives had worked.
Thanjs for help, Yvonne