• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Carters Working From Birmingham Stations In The1800

not sure what you want phil but as far as i can see a carter transported goods from one place to another before the days of petrol transport it would have been by hand cart..i have a couple of rellies late 1800s early 1900s who are down as straw carter and straw dealer but of course anything could have been carted around

lyn

Hi All,
In my younger days a horse drawn vehicle was referred to as a Horse and Cart. Carters, therefore, were either in control of a horse and cart or else pushing a hand held cart. I imagine that carters working from the Birmingham stations were mainly of the horse drawn variety
Old Boy
not sure what you want phil but as far as i can see a carter transported goods from one place to another before the days of petrol transport it would have been by hand cart..i have a couple of rellies late 1800s early 1900s who are down as straw carter and straw dealer but of course anything could have been carted around

lyn

Back