• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Carrington Edwin (Edward)

mikeflan

master brummie
Could anyone throw light on a relative please about his marriage to an Ellen ???? Married in Kings Norton district June qtr 1860 6C 575 ..it seems the records for the lady's name are not on the file......and I would love to get her surname sorted......

I know they lived in Harborne c 1881.......and Kinver 1891 and 1901.....he was born in Loughborough and she in Edgbaston.....his official name was Edwin though he chose to use Edward quite often.

I don't have a church record for his christening either ....but do have a BMD reg....he was born c1839 in Loughborough...the whole family came from there to Birmingham c1853.

Thanks for any help at all...........

Re: Edwin (Edward) Carrington

To get Ellen's surname sorted, you need to send for the marriage certificate as you have the ref no. If you type the info you have posted here including the ref no. into FreeBMG then click on search, it shows you Edwin as the person marrying, then click on info for the transcriber then his code and you will see he has left an email address, it seems he is also researching this couple.

Hi Mike

I went through the page entries and found an Ellen Yapp married same year, qtr, Kings N, 6c 57[50], obviously the transcriber couldn't read the entry clearly

bren

Bren.... Thanks so much for that.......bless you....now all you have to tell me is you're a Villa supporter !!!!!!!!

So many thanks....another starting point to go from..........great !!!!!!

Back