• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Caroline Street

sss65

proper brummie kid
My Grandmother and her family were listed on the 1911 census as living at 2 Bk 35 Caroline St St Pauls Birmingham.
I have looked on Google Street View and I am almost certain these houses have been demolished now. I wondered if anyone has any photos of the house prior to this? My great grandfather was a sawpiercer according to the census along with his wife.

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
sss65,

Have you tried using the Search facility - top right corner of every page? Enter "Caroline Street" including the quotes and it will turn up quite a few references and a couple of photographs.

Maurice :cool:

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have no photos of the house, or even of the house in front (no 35). They seem to have gone sometime around the 1920s. Below is a map c1889 showing the back houses of no 35 in red. I would assume that no 2 was the middle one

map c1889 showing back  35 caroline st.jpg

brianthelion

master brummie
Have no photos of the house, or even of the house in front (no 35). They seem to have gone sometime around the 1920s. Below is a map c1889 showing the back houses of no 35 in red. I would assume that no 2 was the middle one

View attachment 136433
Love old maps and live literally steps above the top of this one on Hall St. Off to match up what I can especially the old baths and pubs. Any photos would be brilliant if anyone has any.