• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Car Showroom

bilsat

master brummie
Does anyone have any info or pics of the old car showroom in Poplar Rd Kings Heath?
I was talking to the owners daughter who has lost all her pics and memorabellia due to a burglary and the fact that it has been vandalised and is now uninhabitable.

bilsat, I guess you mean Kingsway Garage, the only photos I have seen are of the other side of the road to the garage.

Colin

Sad to hear that. A burglary is most upsetting. If it happened recently perhaps an appeal in a local paper or radio station for the return of the photos may bring a result. Stranger things have happened. Some body local may also have taken photos of the garage. Local papers may have a photo or two in there archive. I hope you find some..arkrite.

ps Had a look on Google Earth..the place certainly looks a mess....a reminder of the times when you could buy a car in the shopping area rather than traipse out to some god forsaken trading estate to a glass palace selling cars by the hundred.

Back