• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cant get my sky mail

I sometimes get that first message on the Windows Update site and click it. If you're unsure make a System Restore point and try it. On the other hand you could try the second option. Personally, I think they're legitimate notices.

Hooray thanks did system restore and it has worked, dont know why I didn't do it before. Just will have some downloads to re installed i will see which one makes it play up again, Java is asking me to update but I havent as yet do I need to update everything that shows up?

I'm glad you got it sorted. Actually, I didn't suggest a System Restore, what I suggested was setting a System Restore point so that if anything went pear shaped you could restore to at least where you were. But, if it did the trick it doesn't matter now.

Java is used so little on websites now a lot of people do without it altogether. However, if you're keeping it I think it wise to keep it up to date. As for 'everything' being updated, it depends on what it is, Usually it prudent to keep all software up to date,

Thank goodness Patty it is so frustrating when something goes wrong. Glad Paul came to your rescue again as did all the other folk. What would we do without them?.

To true Jean, I did have a few other problems after I restored it, my Microsoft security kept going orange then my skype microphone must have been taken off when I restored so had to fathom how to do that. I can tell you it nearly went threw the window but I kept my cool and so far this morning we are OK fingers crossed

It sounds as if one of the updates changed the security settings - MS has a habit of doing this at times.

I think that is true Bernie it's just know which ones to download. I noticed a java one came up again since I restored, I havent clicked on it just incase. Have to keep a note of what comes up and if anything goes wrong after to make sure I know which one it is in future, Jean shhhhhhhh all ok at the minute on the computer anyway

Back