• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

can't find her?

kmt123

master brummie
hi all,
i have an amplias/ampliss she married a john bradshaw, she was born 1835 in birmingham. john was born in birmingham 1836 i have them on the censuses, they were canal boat people, but what i am stuck on is anything about amplias i can't find her maiden name or marriage,
all help is welcome :biggrin:

kmt

ive been looking but cant find it. i see on igi it was supposed to be in bham 1863 but it is a submitted entry so may not be correct.

bo ampliss/amplias is the first name but need to find the surname.

Thank you Shera,

I had just searched Census and realised my mistake as you posted.
My apologies to KMT123 I thought it was her maiden name :rolleyes:

Bo

Is this their daughter Ampl-is Bradshaw ?
Birth Registered in Dudley , Sept Quarter 1860. Ref: 6c-52

Worth sending off for her Birth Cert to find Mothers maiden name ?

Bo

hi bo yes thats their daughter so look like i will have to send for the certificate,
thanks for looking
kmt

as john was a boatman i suppose the wedding could have been anywhere:rolleyes:

did you see the name of his vessel was "experiment and rose of irvine" according to igi. dont know whether thats one boat or two!

Back