• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Canal Cruising

Templer

Brummie
I have spent a very pleasant day cruising the canal in Tamworth, thanks to my sister-in-law
And her partner, aboard their boat.
Beautiful day beautiful scenery, I was also allowed to be Captain for a short while, very enjoyable.

Seeing the Stewarts and Loyds barge brought back a lot of memories, my mother and father used to take us to their social club a lot when they had their factory in bromford lane.

The pictures are lovely Templer, you should have let me know I could have given you a wave.......lol

Nice one Brian. Looks like you had a good day mate.. Argh!!
Thats just like the boat I hired on the Broads a few years ago:)

Brian nice :), last time on (salt) water a week last Friday :), walked over a Cut short time ago (on a bridge:))

Hi All,

My wife and I enjoy walking the canals (especially at Fradley Junction) mainly because they are flat and there is always something to see. Have you noticed that at the locks it is usually the women who jump off to operate the gates whilst the men sit steering the vessel and pretend to be Nelson?

Old Boy

Lovely pictures there Templer. Beautiful scenery as well as the boats. Much obliged for sharing them with us.

As an ex-brummie living in America your pictures brought back a lot of memories of my childhood when I used to swim in the cut and jump out as the barges went by being towed by a horse.
Thankyou for shareing, Have a nice day, Wally.

smashing pics bri....glad you had a good time..one of our members has a canal boat called englands glory so maybe he will see this thread and post some pics...:)

lyn

Back