• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Can you ride Tandum?

mike jenks

master brummie
Hi

Can you ride Tandum. This in the late
1930's. My dad had a Tandum this picture
is around Ross on Wye. Some distance.
Im not sure how much Mom peddled.

Mike Jenks

In about 1949/50 my brother and one of his scouting friends rode one on a camping trip. You really can't be someone who has to have control if you are on the back eh! I must have the photo somewhere.
They look such fun but rarely see them now.:)Mo

My Mother & Father had a Tandum before they were married and it got them into trouble.

They did a return journy to RHYL one day 1934 I think and arrived home very very late, and there was hell of a do about it.

There is a great photo taken outside a Pub, floating about somewhere ( Now I'm bothered) Dad wearing a short Leather jacket can't remember what Mom wore.

Thanks for the Memory Mike but now I'm sweating on the photo:dft005:

Last edited:
Back