• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Can you help with soldiers family

pollypops

master brummie
https://www.bromsgroveadvertiser.co.uk/news/4850741.Bristol_man_s_search_for_relative_of_Bromsgrove_soldier/?ref=mr
Don't know if I have posted this in the right section - forgive me if it's in the wrong one.
Also I know it is not Birmingham but this article was in my local paper and I wondered if any of you clever people could help. i know us brummies like to help others.
Polly
Think Iv'e put this in the wrong place - please move it if possible - thanks -I am useless
:)

Last edited:
Alfred W Blunn b.reg 2nd quarter 1912 Bromsgrove vol 6c p 624 Mothers m name Wilks
d.reg 3rd q 1940 New Forest vol 2b p 1940 age 28

Now for his parents I can't find a Blunn/ Wilks marriage to fit, but there are two Blunn/ Wilkes marriages that do:
Joseph William Blunn & Mary Ann T Wilkes, m. reg 3rd q. 1905 Bromsgrove vol 6c p 649
Harold Nathan Blunn & Madelaine Turner Wilkes, m. reg 3rd q. 1906 Bromsgrove vol 6c p 695

in 1911 the first pair lived at Rosemary Cottage, Rednal; the second at "Rubery" (as vague as that!)
Incidentally, although the events are listed as being registered at Bromsgrove, both Rednal and Rubery came within that area at the time.

Also of interest is a marriage between an Alfred W Blunn and Margaret F Barlow (b. 3rd q. 1912 Morpeth vol 10b p 859) 3rd quarter 1940 Bromsgrove vol 6c p 799

It would take the certificates to tie up or eliminate these finds, but 'our man' may have married shortly before his death.

This is great LLoyd - thank you. I have forwarded the information to the person who is looking for the information. Wouldn't it be lovely if we could help.
Polly

Hi, I think Lloyd has found the correct marriage Alfred W Blunn to Margaret F Barlow in 1940. Can anyone else help with anything that may lead us to living relatives? You can send me an instant message with info on anyone that may be still living and I will forward the information.
Thanks Polly

Back