• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Can you help please?

rowan

Born a Brummie
My other half wants to transfer his VHS tapes to DVD via a DVD recorder. He has followed all the instructions from the booklet but it always stops recording at after about 15mins., but it will record a whole program from the telly with no problems at all :cry:

Where is he going wrong? He has tried the computer route but the final result is not too good at all.

The recorder is a Philips DVDR70.

I do hope one of you technos can help before he pulls anymore hair out!! :rolleyes:

Thank you very much.

Rowan, I always record my VHS and Betamax tapes onto the computer first then I can edit them and burn onto a DVD that afterwards can be played on any system.

Graham.

It may depend on what kind of tapes. If they are commercially made ones i:e films, then not all tapes allow you to copy. Some do but a lot don't. If they are tapes that you recorded yourselves, then there should'nt be a problem. I am no expert but the way Cadeau does it seems good to me.

Terry

Thank you both for replying.

He has tried to do it your way Graham but although it does record the sound is out of sequence with the picture.

Poor lamb, he is trying to preserve the tapes and make some room by transfering them to DVD :(

Thank you both again, we are most grateful.

Do what I do : go to your local pub and allow yourself to be bored into oblivion for a couple of hours by some nerd. Then, after buying him/her several drinks ask if he/she would condescend do it it for you.....of course, you have already prepared for this and have everything required in a card-board box, waiting on the back-seat of your car! Efficiency pays etc. Of course, you risk everything being lost/sold/damaged/or forgotten about...but at least it removes the original problem, and does something to improve your social life. So far, almost everything I possess has been ruined/wrecked/destroyed or 'customised' by some well-meaning 'enthusiast'....but I now have lots of friends and the Landlord of my local pub loves me! Further, and just for the hell of it, you too can then pretend to be knowledeable about something, and have the pleasure of destroying other people's property with the best of all possible intentions. :D

My other half wants to transfer his VHS tapes to DVD via a DVD recorder. He has followed all the instructions from the booklet but it always stops recording at after about 15mins., but it will record a whole program from the telly with no problems at all :cry:

Where is he going wrong? He has tried the computer route but the final result is not too good at all.

The recorder is a Philips DVDR70.

I do hope one of you technos can help before he pulls anymore hair out!! :rolleyes:

Thank you very much.[/QUOTE

It could be the VHS tape has got a copyright stop on it read the tapes cover and see if if this so.

It could also be the way you have connected the DVR up.

What have you got connected VHS recorder, DVR recorder, T/V, Diggy Box or Sky Box etc. let me have details and I will give you the correct details for connection.

One other ting which might throw light on it what disks are using and have they been formatted correctly.

Let me have some details and I will see If I can help you out.

I,ve got all Philips equipment inc. DVDR, VHS recorder, T/v, Sky Box and and a Diggy Box connected I have no problems and use Philips Disks 4.5 hrs.

Here in here in Devon we have got fully Diggy so I have to have all this equipment to get Sky and Freeeview.

Ray

Ray whats a Diggy box iv,e heard of giggy--giggy but thats a new one on me Dek
Come on Dek youre having me on.

Its A digital receiver box for Freeview or Freesat we ain't got them old T/V channels down here in Devon,

We were the first to go fully Digital testing it to make sure it was fit for purpose as Ed Doolan used to say, is he still on airor has the old man retired.

Ray Digitally perfect Devon

Sorry Ray had a senior moment the lights are back on now me an electrician as well never live this one down.Yes Eds still going bad ticker and all Dek

Firstly I am sorry I haven't got back to you for a couple of days.............been very busy.:rolleyes:

Well alls well that ends well the problem has been sorted. It just took moving the video player from off the top off the DVD player and hey presto!...........the required recording magically came about :biggrin:

Thank you all again for your input we are really grateful.............and peace reigns again in the house :)

Eowan,its great when you can get thing sorted out like that your self,it make you feel good about your self.
THANKS TO YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE HELP YOU GIVE SO FREE, to us members who have these problems.

Back