• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Can someone please help to restore this photo?

smiler

master brummie
This photo is in a terrible state and I would be grateful if someone could have a go at restoring it a bit!!

I believe that the lady sitting in the back row of the Chara on the right of the photo with the child on her lap is my Grandmother Sarah Ann EVANS nee CAIN 1880-1946, the child would be her daughter Annie M Evans b 1921. My Grandmother lived all her married life in Great Colmore Street, so I suspect that this photo was taken in that area. The only thing written on the back in pencil is 1923!

So does anyone else recognise any of the other women on the 'Chara'?

Also I know we have some amazing transport 'buffs' on this site can anyone name the make of vehicle or who may of operated it.

Thanks,

Smiler

Whow what a brilliant photo (although they do look a little like a black and tan comany on a raid!!) should look great restored and quite unique with the old sharra.
paul

Hi Frothblower,

The photo looks better already, so much clearer, I have only just noticed the shield on the side of the 'chara', I wonder if the transport 'buffs' can identify the make or company from that!

Thanks,

Smiler

It seems to be a small chara (22-28 seater), but without seeing parts of radiator or wheels is impossible to identify.

Does the crest on the side contain a white rose?
If so, this would suggest somewhere in Yorkshire, probably near the coast.

Back