• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Book : Old Small Heath by John Bick

ktee47

proper brummie kid
I have been lucky enough to have had a friend in the UK send me a book called Old Small Heath by John Bick and an old Ordinance Survey Map for Small Heath and Sparkbrook for 1903. Have had quite a lot of help from various members of the forum and would like to reciprocate. If anyone is interested in my looking up information from these I would be delighted to do so. I am not sure how to copy and upload pictures from the book but if interested members would like them I can photocopy and snail mail if address supplied. The above book was published by Stenlake Publishing,54-58 Mill Square,Catrine, Ayrshire KA5 6RD.
thank you to all who have provided me with helpful information re; various posts I have submitted.
ktee47

I am sure everyone appreciates the thought behind your offer. However John Bick's book has been mentioned here before https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/for...heath-books-and-photographs.21646/post-179808 and some photographs have been posted there.
Fortunately no-one needs to scan old UK Ordnance Survey maps as The National Library of Scotland provides an excellent on-line resource.
Enjoy what you have and allow yourself a sigh of relief that you aren't the sole custodian of those documents!
Kind regards.

I have been lucky enough to have had a friend in the UK send me a book called Old Small Heath by John Bick and an old Ordinance Survey Map for Small Heath and Sparkbrook for 1903. Have had quite a lot of help from various members of the forum and would like to reciprocate. If anyone is interested in my looking up information from these I would be delighted to do so. I am not sure how to copy and upload pictures from the book but if interested members would like them I can photocopy and snail mail if address supplied. The above book was published by Stenlake Publishing,54-58 Mill Square,Catrine, Ayrshire KA5 6RD.
thank you to all who have provided me with helpful information re; various posts I have submitted.
ktee47

I had that book and also the map, but made the mistake of lending them to my cousin in Hampshire who promptly
lent it to someone else which was the last either of us ever saw of it.

It was out of print when i bought it always regretted not being able to find another.

have you tried Amazon? another place that may help is Booksearch.com. I was given a bookmark with this site on it unfortunately have lost it but effectively they search for any books and specifically those out of print and then if they find it they ask if you want to order it if so they purchase it for you of course they take a small commission fee but if you want any particular part of the map or book I am more than happy to photocopy it for you .may take a bit of time as I am in Australia but the offer is there.

Back