• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Can anyone identify this please?

ASTONITE

master brummie
I recently came across this token whilst sorting through some odds and ends, I cannot find any information on the net, other than it might have Masonic connections, can any of the wonderful brains on the forum throw any light on the matter? It is bronze and about 3 and a half centimetres in width.20140721_1.JPG

Not much detail but from a search on google the "Lodge of Harmony" no. 600 in Bradford has some kind of history of the years 1852-1952 for sale in the USA at https://www.biblio.com/book/fraternalengland-lodge-harmony-600-bradford-1852/d/140831141 . Never having been involved with the Masons I couldn't tell you if this lodge is particularly significant or if there is some other significance to the date. It could be that they pass these badges out to anyone who has been through the place and the date is just the date the lodge was founded.

It seems that most Mason's Lodges are called "lodges of Harmony" usually followed by a number (I assume the number of the lodge). Does your badge have a number anywhere - other than the date?

I wonder if the C is significant - Carlisle Lodge was funded in 1852 but so were a lot of lodges.

Janice

This is part of a Masonic breast jewel known as a Centenary jewel. It would have been attached to a blue ribbon with the number of the Lodge on bar on the ribbon. The year date is year the Lodge was founded. It would have been worn by all Lodge members in 1952.

Hi astonite and fellow members
Glad to see the masonics society being looked into
I say that because I am very I great to learn about a lodge operating in Aston I believe because my grand parents and my father was involved with a lodge called
The drewitts and I was told by a family member that the ancestors was grand masters of this society.
My younger sister as got the medal of the order which she as kept for donkeys years it is a silver one in a try angle shape with inscriptions
All around it and its connected to a deep purple wide ribbon
But my main question is does any body ever recalling where about it was active

Back