• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Can anyone help!

W

Wendy

I wonder if anyone can help I bought this photo of Key Hill Cemetery a couple of years ago off ebay. It is a sterio photo. It's a lovely photo which shows the magnificent chapel sadly gone now. I would like to use it on some items to sell like bookmarks to help the cemetery funds. It would be nice if it were a little clearer or sharper I would be greatful for any help. I enlarged one side to show the photo better but that's about all my talents can do! Thanks:)

How's this? I've kept the sepia tone, I think it adds to the 'history' of the shot.

Thats lovely thank you John and Lloyd I am going to save both pictures.:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely picture Wendy - wouldn't it be lovely if the chapel was still there....... I looked at the photo of the wall titled "Key Hill" that you mentioned - It does look like the wall of the cemetery and the curve of the wall seems to match where we were standing planting bulbs last week.
Polly :)

Lovely picture Wendy - wouldn't it be lovely if the chapel was still there....... I looked at the photo of the wall titled "Key Hill" that you mentioned - It does look like the wall of the cemetery and the curve of the wall seems to match where we were standing planting bulbs last week.
Polly :)
I agree Pollypops. The wall would be on the other side if it was Key Hill Drive. I also think it looks like the area where we were planting the bulbs.

John thank you I have several saved including yours I am sure we can make something from them.

Here is the cemetery about 1903 showing the chapel
Mike

key_hill_cemetery_c_1903_.jpg

Not 100% sure of this, but I think this is one of the courtyards that backed on the Key Hill cemetery...

Wow this is becoming a very interesting thread to me thanks all!!:):)

Back