• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Can anyone decipher this?

Yes, thank you I did see it and hoped I had thanked everyone, but I replied to John on another map he posted elsewhere. I am still a bit confused re replies apart from here. I must admit I was so excited to hear from anyone, even though I had read all the Berners Street posts. I am researching my family tree and have got a bit carried away this afternoon, hence delayed reply.

Thank you everyone probably have more questions at some point,

I have been able to cement my memory of the route to my grandfathers after looking at the map posted it all makes sense. Thank you all for your help

we are always happy to help kath and i guess that as we are first and foremost a history forum it could go a long way to explaining why we have been going since 2002 and run purely on donations made by our members....keep on posting:) oh i nearly forgot to ask you if you have been on the berners street lozells thread as there are 2 cracking photos taken of your grandads part of the st before fully being demolished

lyn

Last edited:
we are always happy to help kath and i guess that as we are first and foremost a history forum it could go a long way to explaining why we have been going since 2002 and run purely on donations made by our members....keep on posting:) oh i nearly forgot to ask you if you have been on the berners street lozells thread as there are 2 cracking photos taken of your grandads part of the st before fully being demolished

lyn

Thank you lyn, no I haven’t seen the photos yet. This is where I am a bit confused, difference between threads and these messages

Thank you lyn, no I haven’t seen the photos yet. This is where I am a bit confused, difference between threads and these messages
kath i noticed that you have made a post on the berners st lozells thread..it is always best to start reading a thread from post 1 that way you wont miss anything....click on the link below to take you to it...its quite a long thread but eventually you will come to the photos i have mentioned which are in colour...you will be able to see from them just how steep that part of berners st was....

A thread is a set of connected messages.
This thread is headed "can anyone decipher this?".
Lyn has posted another link to a thread (set of messages) about Berners Street.

kath i noticed that you have made a post on the berners st lozells thread..it is always best to start reading a thread from post 1 that way you wont miss anything....click on the link below to take you to it...its quite a long thread but eventually you will come to the photos i have mentioned which are in colour...you will be able to see from them just how steep that part of berners st was....

Hello Lyn, I think I have read all the posts for Berners street and looked at maps, photos, Google photos etc. all very interesting and I really am very grateful to you and everyone else who has given information about the area. It really does revive old memories. So much history in just one street!
Happy days xxxx

Back