• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Can anyone confirm if this shop was on the Coventry road Birmingham please

He was born before they were married then, registered as Frederick Smith Beech no mmn, Dec qtr 1898 Aston.

I really appreciate all of the help you have given ...
I thought maybe Fred jnr would of been born in the 3rd qtr as the burial states he was 14 months of age?

I really appreciate all of the help you have given ...
I thought maybe Fred jnr would of been born in the 3rd qtr as the burial states he was 14 months of age?
Dec qtr refers to Oct, Nov or Dec reg but a birth in Sept could have been reg in the 4th qtr. Depends how long it took them to reg the birth.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
It often happens that Dec births are reg in the first qtr of the next year. I missed a relative's birth early on in my "tracing" days because I didn't realise. So now I always double check.

Going back to the original question. If either George or Albert were assistants or managers of a named store (ie Wrensons, Co-op, etc) then it is unlikely their names would appear anywhere. This makes it extremely hard to trace.

I will have to keep digging and badgering family, between the forum, personal dedication and family maybe there will be another breakthrough .

Back