• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Camera shop, Union St

the2ems

Hi, not sure if I have ever posted on the forum before, but when I tried to register, i found that I already had previously. The reason I visited today, is to try to confirm the name of a camera shop that used to be in Union Street. If you walked down a Union Street from corporation street, it was on the left hand side, possibly about half way down. It’s really bugging me trying to remember the name. I bought a standard 8 projector from there in the sixties.

The 1965 Kellys directory, for Union St lists Jerome Ltd, photographers at no 6, and Dixon {Studios) Ltd photographic equipment and materials dealers at no 11. I think Jeromes were not equipment dealers, so it would probably be Dixons.
I have moved this thread to the shops section

The 1965 Kellys directory, for Union St lists Jerome Ltd, photographers at no 6, and Dixon {Studios) Ltd photographic equipment and materials dealers at no 11. I think Jeromes were not equipment dealers, so it would probably be Dixons.
I have moved this thread to the shops section
Thanks very much. Now that I’ve thought about it, I bought both Prinz and Chinnon items from that shop. Both of which I believe were Dixon’s own make. Thanks again.

Back