• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Call the Midwife

Smudger

master brummie
I`m a big fan fan of "Call the Midwife", it`s all a bit sugary but i don`t care, i love it. Though i have wondered, do they have a creche full of new borns ready to make their debut? Most of the Midwives are real cuties, but my favourites has to be Sister Monica Joan with her senior moments ( to which i`m prone too as well) ;)

Syrupy it might be, but we also love it, and it takes us back to a time when there was a lot more human contact and much more common sense than political correctness. Sister Monica Joan is played by Jane Merrow, who was Lorna Doone in a 1963 BBC serial with Andrew Faulds. Miriam Margolyes has joined the cast, but we keep seeing Lady Whiteadder when she's on screen....

G

Sister Monica Joan is played by Judy Parfitt. Lorna Doone 1963 was played by Jane Merrow.

Both are very good, though am not sure, after things Miriam Margolyes has said on shows such as Graham Norton's, whether she would be a very good nun in real life

'Er Indoors watches CTM and likes it more than I do. I do have one eye on it though, for the gorgeous Trixie, played by Helen George. Unlike Smudger, who will, no doubt find himself marking time for going off thread, I keep out of trouble because Helen is a Brummie !

Call The Midwife is not going off topic because the religious order of nuns on which the stories are based now live in Marston Green and previously lived in Alum Rock. I have mentioned this in a previous thread with the same heading.

'Er Indoors watches CTM and likes it more than I do. I do have one eye on it though, for the gorgeous Trixie, played by Helen George. Unlike Smudger, who will, no doubt find himself marking time for going off thread, I keep out of trouble because Helen is a Brummie !

1550513191702.png oooooooo born 19 June 1984 (age 34 years), harborne bham

Call The Midwife is not going off topic because the religious order of nuns on which the stories are based now live in Marston Green and previously lived in Alum Rock. I have mentioned this in a previous thread with the same heading.
(treading a fine line ) which thread?

Back