• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Caleb Charlton c 1851

Martin Kuhl

I’m hoping someone can help me to solve the mystery of Caleb Carlton who I know was a shoemaker but cannot find his birth records to take this branch of the family further back. Thanks in advancr

hi martin and welcome....i take it caleb was born in birmingham ? think i have found an 1885 baptism for his daughter lilly parents caleb and emma address morville st which is in ladywood birmingham occ shoemaker...this does not help much but thought i would post it in case you dont have this info...will search again for calebs birth

lyn

Registered as Caleb Chalton, no r, Mar qtr 1842 Bham. Son of Henry Chalton and Elizabeth Slater, marriage registered West Brom Jun qtr 1838.

also found a birth index for a caleb charlton born birmingham but in 1842 which is a few years out from your suggested 1851

lyn

That’s fabulous thanks Lyn and much appreciated. I assume Birmingham but struggled to find a match for marriage or birth

no problems martin....plenty of records on ancestry...if you hit another wall let us know

lyn

Registered as Caleb Chalton, no r, Mar qtr 1842 Bham. Son of Henry Chalton and Elizabeth Slater, marriage registered West Brom Jun qtr 1838.
Just wanted to let you know what a great help you’ve been. Caleb clearly changed his name from Chalton to Charlton which is why I couldn’t find him. Many thanks

Back