• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Caggy-handed

Peter Walker

gone but not forgotten
My family had no time for people who wrote with their left hand, and they were dismissed as "caggy-handed".
When I first used that expression in London I was corrected - I meant "cack-handed". I would rather be sinister.
Peter

Hi Peter

Ignore those Home County Phillistines,
Cag-handed is in the Dictionary as being the same as Cack-handed

Peter
The school I went to Gower St tried its best to force left handed kids to use the right hand. It must have been a terrible time for them.

Never knowing what the other hands doing..

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 'left' in Latin, 'Sinister'?..either that or 'Sinestro'
Of course as one of Gods chosen right handers..I guess I'm near enough perfect...actually, I'm better than perfect..the great Kandor can use both hands to Saw, hammer, Swing a golf Club and hold a table tennis bat...so there!
As my old mate used to say.
'I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous'

:D Being born with a blind right eye and an aptitude to be right handed, as a child I soon had to learn to be able to use both hands and became ambidextrous. 8)

Chris :)

Yes Kandy sinister is left and dexter is right.

We are a family with the left hand gene rearing its head usually once in a generation.

My Gran was, I am, two of my nephews are, and one of their children is. :D

So what does "ambidextrious" mean then two right hands?

two rights = twice the time...

:D Ummm :?: ... could well be Colin, especially if you were at the school where Peter W's Dad taught. 'cause then he would have spent twice as much time working with you... :lol:

Chris :)

Back