• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BYARD James Marries MORGAN Alice Edith 1899

John Young

master brummie
James Byard b1880 marries Alice (Edith preferred) Morgan b1879 Herefordshire
Marriage & other Byard + Morgan families in Birmingham (Aston/Hockley/Hansworth)
Contacts & enquiries welcomed,, regards John Y

Last edited:
I have a George Henry Byard b1854 Birmingham. Married Matilda Mary Ann Oldfield b1848 Wells Somerset.

Married 12 Apr 1875 All Saints. Birmingham.

Barrie.

Hi Barrie, long time no see & thanks for your prompt & excellent response, Looks interesting m8

Have only recently(2 days) connected BYARD to Morgan branch of tree & will keep you posted hoping
our two posts connect or others may come in on this line,,1st appearance of Byard name I think.

Will dig out some more info, Best regards John Y

John , I don't know if you have traced your James Byard origins but in 1881 he is at
Barr Street age 1.
Mary Wilkins is his grandmother and there is also
Laura Byard age 20 married daughter and Thomas Byard age 31 a bricklayer born Gloucester, married Stepson.(perhaps meant as Son in law)
Perhaps Thomas was a naughty boy because in 1891 he is living with his wife Susan born USA in Gloucester.( susan is alone with children on 1881)
Thomas Henry Byard married Susan E Martin June qtr 1870 Gloucs, their son Edward Alexander Byard was born the next qtr Gloucs,
I can find no marriage between Laura Wilkins and a Byard and when she married George Wilson in birmingham 1886 she
was Laura Wilkins.
1891 Park road.All Saints
George Wilson 43, Drayman born shropshire
Laura wilson 29 b. Malvern
James Byard age 10 stepson b. Birmingham

Last edited:
details from the lds site

name: James Wilson Byard
baptism/christening date: 25 Dec 1887
baptism/christening place: Birmingham, Warwick, England
birth date: 14 Feb 1881
birthplace: Birmingham Warwick England