• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

buses

Those coaches are still the early form of bus, Its lovely to see the transition on the early buses from the coaches. I remember seeing an early car looked as though the shafts for the horses were taken away and an engine under a cover put in its place, nothing else had changed. It even still had a canvas body to it and the engine at the front. How Wonderful.

Looking at these old photo's, i remember Stockland Coaches owning a model T Ford charabang that they used to put into the local Erdington show in the Sixties. Don't know what happened to it though.

I like that one ragga, haven't seen it before that is Lewis's is it?:)

Yes I had the same trouble with my post of the Fire Station on Postcards, can't you forgive a Senior:D

Also you haven't read my post fully I asked about Lewis's GOT YOU

Here's a lovely painting on a post card of the Midland Red bus I used to catch into Brum in the 1960's/70's.:)

The number 14, a,b.c, certainly went to Glebe Farm, I used it almost every in 1953/54 in my courting days! I lived at Yardley Wood , (13a/24) and Enid at the
Glebe, thought I would saved some money in August 1954 when I got married, what a hope!! Bernard

Seen this in the grounds of Walsall Arboretum 10th August, the clock is still working

Attachments

• 10th August 2013 Saturday 052.jpg
    10th August 2013 Saturday 052.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 10th August 2013 Saturday 053.jpg
    10th August 2013 Saturday 053.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 16
I just love our old buses, wish we could have a heritage route with a couple of these beauties...
[video=youtube;HeD-ddnf5KA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeD-ddnf5KA[/video]

Back