• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Buses in Stourbridge in the late 1970,s (or early 1980,s)

horsencart

master brummie
I have just uploaded footage of Stourbridge Bus Station I shot the film in the late 1970,s (or early 1980,s) it is mainly of the S23,s, I think that they were coming to the end of their working life, one thing I did note was that was that the S23 drivers appear to be driving their buses with the passenger doors open, not the sort of thing you see these day https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/13129383873/

the fact that the driver were driving with the passenger doors open was not a Stourbridge thing in other parts of the Midland Red region Nuneaton, Kidderminster, Coventry, they did the same thing

Back