• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bus Used By Cliff.

Betty Hopper

master brummie
Not sure this will be of interest to anyone, but decided to post it in case.
I read an article about the bus used by Cliff Richard in the film "Summer Holiday "
The registration rt 4336 after the film it was sold on as a canteen bus used by either West Herts coaches or H & C Coaches of Watford.Sorry there was not any information on the type of bus. The young lady who wrote the article used to clean the bus and her dad was the driver.
Betty.

Sadly no more:

RT2305 KGU 334 8/49 new, body 5184: Weymann 3RT8
8/49 D into service (Dalston)
NB (Norbiton)
4/57 NB to Aldenham overhaul
4/57 ON from o/h (Alperton)
58-9 ON
10/60 ON to Aldenham overhaul
10/60 W from o/h (Cricklewood), Weymann body 5229, 3RT8
1961 W
4/62 W into store
4/62 bought by Elstree Distributors Ltd
WLB 991 used in filming "Summer Holiday" as RT1881 at Aldenham & Elstree Studios
KGU 334 1/64 tour of Europe for publicity for continental release of film
1/65 bought by H&C Transport, Garston, for spares
*/65 used as garage rest-room
scrapped

Thanks to Ian Smith and his Bus Histories

A bit more info: From the 1962 movie, Summer Holiday which starred Cliff Richard as well as an ex London transport RT type bus The bus was in fact three vehicles one used in Britain for studio shots and two for European filming and for later promotional tours. RT's 2305, 2366 & 4326 were the actual vehicles used but all three were to become "RT1881" with registration number WLB991 which was a false plate used just for the film.

Back