• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Burlington street

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
not sure if any of our members lived in burlington st but here are 4 photos..the last one shows parliament st to the right

lyn

Attachments

• GERRARD..BURL.BUCK 009.JPG
    GERRARD..BURL.BUCK 009.JPG
    439.6 KB · Views: 72
  • GERRARD..BURL.BUCK 010.JPG
    GERRARD..BURL.BUCK 010.JPG
    548.6 KB · Views: 71
  • GERRARD..BURL.BUCK 011.JPG
    GERRARD..BURL.BUCK 011.JPG
    617.7 KB · Views: 69
  • GERRARD..BURL.BUCK 012.JPG
    GERRARD..BURL.BUCK 012.JPG
    453.5 KB · Views: 70
The factory Ultra Guards, we used to clean the windows every two weeks and we also did the first clean when they moved into Burlington street.
the first entry passed the factory led down to my Aunt's house behind the factory her name was Amy Hunt we used to jump the wall in her garden into Webster street.
s couple of houses past the lamp post was where Johnny Prescott lived with is Nan when he came out of the Cottage Homes Erdington.

Lyn, thanks for the Burlington Street photos, I lived in the first house past the factory on photo 2. No.57 which was right opposite Ultra Guards.

thats great sylvia..so your house is showing then...i have also posted some new photos of burlington st school...

lyn

It was nice to see Lyn, but I have no affection for that house, the toilet was right across an open courtyard, it wasn't a back house, but it was rather dark as the wall of the factory ran along the left of the house right up to the toilet. We had good neighbours and of course it was only a few yards from Newtown Row where I did my shopping, the Aston Hipp. was only round the corner so everything was to hand, and I was born in Copeley Street, a cul-de-sac off Burlington Street near to Parliament Street.

super pics i lived in burlingtion st 1n the 1960s at num 19 good old day loved growing up there

glad you like the photos wood j....would love to hear of your days growing up in burlington st..

lyn

Back