• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Burlington Rd,Small Heath Boming.

keegs

master brummie
View attachment 58425

I found this old image in a book of clipings that once belonged to a relative of mine and thought it may be of interest.I hope that i have posted in the correct place.
I think the date was November 23rd 1940.

my mom told me of the parachute mines ,I believe 5000Kl's of TNT, she said one dropped in Handsworth and killed all in a community shelter.
paul

In 1953 or 1954 my family moved into a new house that had been built on a bombed site in Burlington Road. The new houses became 120/126 Burlington Road and had to have deeper foundations because of the bombing. I had to dig bricks out of the garden and clean off the old morter and with these we built 3 garages at the back of 126. Two of these were rented out to neighbours. Looking up the house site on Google the garages appear to have been converted to accommodation.

In 1953 or 1954 my family moved into a new house that had been built on a bombed site in Burlington Road. The new houses became 120/126 Burlington Road and had to have deeper foundations because of the bombing. I had to dig bricks out of the garden and clean off the old morter and with these we built 3 garages at the back of 126. Two of these were rented out to neighbours. Looking up the house site on Google the garages appear to have been converted to accommodation.

Thanks Expatriate,thats very interesting
Keegs.

Back